Thursday 17 March 2011

Initial Idea

After some thought, I have decided on the theme and story for my animation.

I have always loved the Toy Story films and think all three are masterpieces in their own right. With these films as my main inspiration I have decided to animated toys.
The films all take the viewer on a journey of a lost toy finding its way home. I think it might be interesting to develop a story where a toy is lost or discarded, but will never be able to return to its home. Further more, I would like to have a situation where this happens but the ending is still 'happy'.

My initial idea is a toy soldier that has been broken and is thrown away. Upon waking up he is shocked, confused and scared to find himself alone. Whilst exploring his surroundings he finds a broken doll that has also been thrown away, who runs off scared. On attempting to stop the doll fleeing, the soldier falls to the gorund. The doll, seeing the other broken toy takes pity upon him and helps him up. They then walk off together as friends to start their new life of uncertainty and hardshipe. But are not scared, because they know they now have each other.

I think this will prove an appropriate challenge for me because I have the opportunity to animate a number of facial emotions and interesting body animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment