Thursday 31 March 2011

Prop & Scene Creation

With the character rigging completed I started creating the final assets for my animtion scenes.

The first prop I made was the bin. To make this model I started with a cylinder. I then selected the top poly and every other set of polys around the cylinder. I then inset and extruded the new polys.


I then selected two sets of two polys at the top of the cylinder and extruded them out and round, connecting them to form handles.
I added a smooth modifier and set the smooth selection on the polys to add sharp connection edges on the top, bottom and handles of the bin.
I finally added a UVW Map and applied a metal material with edited specular and gloss parameters.


The next prop is the lamp post. To create this model I started with a cylinder and extruded scaled it to form the pole. I then deleted the end poly and extruded it round to form the head of the lamp.
I also created a box which was tweaked to form the lamp post hatch and two cylinders. One was scaled to form the lamp bulb, the other to form the hatch handle.


I added a smooth modifier and set the smooth selection on the polys to add sharp connection edges on the bottom of the lamp post.


I finally added a UVW Map and applied a metal material with edited specular and gloss parameters.

To create the newspaper I made a plane with multiple segments. I then added a noise modifer and applied a newspaper material.


I then added two bend modifiers which were tweaked to form a crumpled up newspaper.


To form the pencil prop I made two cylinders and a cone. I rounded off the end of one cylinder and applied materials to each of them.


Finally, I placed all the models together to form the pencil.


I needed some actual rubbish in the bin so I made a few models.
The paper and wrapper props were planes with multiple segments, the cigarette and drink can were simple cylinders and the apple core was box that was scaled.


I then added noise and bend modifiers to the paper and wrapper planes.
I finally added UVW maps to the models and added materials.


With all the props made all thay was left was to make the scenery. I did this by creating three planes. One had multiple segments and a noise modifier. To this a brick material was added. To the others a floor and town street modifier was added.
I then duplicated the planed and positioned them as needed.



With all the models needed created I am now ready to start animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment