Wednesday 13 April 2011

Possible Improvements

There are a number of improvements I would have liked to make if I had more time. They are in no way major and only affects the look of some parts of the animation.

I have already mentioned that I would have liked to spend more time on the music for the animation. This is mainly directed at the piano music. I feel that although it is sad/emotional, it doesn't have the right feel for, what is essentially, a cartoon.

I would have liked to add in some water puddles on the floor for the rain to interact with. I think this would have been very simple just by making a puddle mesh and applying a water texture. This might have made the rain effect look that much more realistic.

I maybe would have liked to position the camera to see more of the soldier movement or walk sequences. However, this probably wouldn't improve the look and feel of the animation at all, but rather massage my ego.

Finally, I would have liked to add in one more morph face for the soldier for squinting. While animating I used the blink morpher to make the soldier squint when struggling. This makes the eyes look a bit squashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment