Tuesday 12 April 2011

Shot 13

Animation


Toy Soldier Animation: I started this shot with the toy soldier in the same position as the previous shot. I then animated the hunter moving its head and arm slightly.
The soldier was then animated to move its head looking up at the doll and back down, and its hand to slowly take the doll's hand. I then set a planted key with the soldier's hand on the doll's hand

The toy soldier's expression was animated to start with sadness and as the doll's hand moves into frame I animated the face to show slight confusion and curiosity. When soldier looks down to the doll's hand I then animated the soldier's face to look slightly worried. When the doll grabs the soldier's hand I then animated the expression to relief and happiness as the soldier looked up.

Doll Animation: I animated the doll's hand to move slowly into frame and key framed it's fingers and thumb open. They fingers and thumb then closed on the soldier's hand.

Lighting


There is a main spot that acts as the street lamp and this has Ray Traced shadows. There also a second spot light that gives background light to the scene. This light casts no shadows.
There is also a spot light that has Ray Traced shadows to give illumination and shadow to the soldier model and a final spot light to slightly illuminate the soldier's face.

Camera


The camera is stationary for the whole shot and focuses on the doll's face so the viewer can easily see the characters emotion.

Problems

The only problem I had in this shot was setting the soldier's hand as a planted key to the doll's hand. I found a solution to this by hiding the doll model so the biped hand was showing.

Opinions

This is possibly my favourite shot of the animation. I think the soldier's expressions are very subtle, yet very effective in helping the viewer relate to the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment