Tuesday 12 April 2011

Shot 2

Animation


Toy Soldier Animation: For this shot I first animated the toy soldier wakeing up by blinking a number of times. The toy soldier then uses its arms to prop itself up.
I then animated the toy soldier looking around with a look of confusion on its face. Finally, I animated the toy soldier finding it has lost a leg with a look of shock that turns to worry.

Lighting


There is a main spot that acts as the street lamp and this has Ray Traced shadows. There also a second spot light that gives background light to the scene. This light casts no shadows.

Camera


For the duration of the shot, the camera moves down and backwards. It also slowley pans upwards, keeping focus on the soldiers face.
Doing this ensures that all emotion that the soldier shows can be easily seen.

Problems

I didn't use any planted keys on the hands so they sometimes slipped below the sirface of the trash. This was easily solved by placing a few key frames.

Opinions

I'm happy with this shot. I feel that when the toy soldier wakes, the viewer will recognise it as going from an inanimate object to one that is alive.
I also feel that I have done a good job showing the number of different emotions that the character feels in a shor time.

No comments:

Post a Comment