Tuesday 12 April 2011

Shot 10

Animation


Toy Soldier Animation: I started this shot by animating the soldier nearly falling back in shock by rotating the spine and hips. I proceeded to do this multiple times back and forth, animating the arms, to show the hunter trying to keep its balance.
I finally animated the soldier falling forward onto its knee, then further onto its body using its arms to break its fall and prop itself up. I also animated the hunter looking up towards the doll and stretching out its arm.

The expression of the toy soldier started as shock and was then animated to fear as it overbalances and falls. When the soldier calls to the doll to no avail I then animate the face to desperation and sadness.

Doll Animation: I started the shot with the doll in a running pose and proceeded to animate a simple run sequence, moving the doll out of the shot. I did this by setting planted keys where the doll's feet hit the ground and key framing the shoulders, hips and limbs back and forth. I also animated the ponytails bouncing up and down.

The expression of the doll is that of constant fear.

Prop Animation: I first animated the pencil being thrown out of the soldier's hand out of view.

I then animated the paper unfolding in the air by key framing the bend modifiers down and rotating the paper slightly back and forth to show the air under the paper.

Lighting


There is a main spot that acts as the street lamp and this has Ray Traced shadows. There also a second spot light that gives background light to the scene. This light casts no shadows.
I also have a spot light with Ray Traced shadows applying light and shadow on the paper and doll.

Camera


The camera dollies forward and to the right while panning left to show the soldier's face.

Problems

There were a few problems with the soldier's limbs moving below the floor but these were solved with simple key framing.

Opinions

I'm happy with this scene and feel the character movement is realistic. Although a very small part of the scene I actually like the paper unfolding and falling to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment