Tuesday 12 April 2011

Shot 9

Animation


Doll Animation: I started the scene by positioning the doll on its knees with its head looking down.
I then animated the head looking up quickly and key framed the ponytails to show the speed of the head movement and the shock the doll felt.
I also key framed the doll throwing its arms up and then animated the doll covering its eyes from the soldier and light.

The emotion of the doll starts as scared and the is quickly animated to look shocked. I then animated the expression back to fear and closes the doll's eyes when the doll covers its face.

Prop Animation: The pencil is animated as coming into view and is then animated jerking up quickly.

When the pencil is jerked I also animate the papaer being flung upwards.

Lighting


There are three lights in this scene. One has Ray Traced shadows and is used to shade the scene. The other two provide cross light and relief light to the scene so the shadows aren't too strong on the models and the viewer can see everything.

Camera


The camera is stationary for the whole shot and focuses on the doll's face so the viewer can easily see the characters emotion.

Problems

There were no real problems in this shot.

Opinions

I think this shot is a good reveal for my second character. Up until the paper is flicked away I am sure the viewer has no idea what is under the paper.
Also, having the camera in s sort of first person view I was able to animate the pencil without having to animate the toy soldier.

No comments:

Post a Comment