Wednesday 13 April 2011

Sound & Editing

I used Adobe Premiere Pro to edit my animation.

I first started by importing all my 15 shots into the scene, I then placed them into the timeline and trimmed a few frames off the make sure the animation flowed smoothly.
Next, I added in some credits and some simple fade to black transition effects.

The final stage for editing my animation was adding sound.
I sourced all my sounds from www.freesfx.co.uk, www.freesound.org and www.youtube.com for the music.

Sounds:
Background noise
Siren
Trash can impact
Ground Impact 1
Ground Impact 2
Pencil fall
Paper crumple 1
Paper crumple 2
Paper crumple 3
Rain sound

Music:
Ludovico Einaudi - Le Onde
The Beatles - I Want to Hold Your Hand

All of the sounds I edited in Adobe Soundbooth. This consisted of cropping sounds, changing the volume, fading sounds and looping some sounds.


I'm very happy with the final edit and the sound effects of the animation. I feel it really ties the animation together and the story is clear. Even without any words.
The music , on the other hand, I am not 100% happy with. I found it very hard to find a piece of music that would fit the whole animation, the happy and the sad, at the right moments. Because of this I decided to use two songs. The Beatles song I think works well, but it doesn't blend very well with the Ludovico Einaudi song.

No comments:

Post a Comment