Tuesday 12 April 2011

Shot 14

Animation


Toy Soldier Animation: I started the shot by positioning the toy soldier halfway through the floor because this would net be seen. I also set a planted key with the soldier's hand on the doll's hand. I then animated the soldier slowly raising upwards.
I then animated the soldier letting go of the doll's hand by removing the planted key and nearly falling backwards by key framing rotation on the hips and spine. I animated the arms to make it look like the soldier was trying to keep its balance. I animated the soldier's hand grasping the doll's hand my setting a planted key.

The soldier's expression at the start of the scene was happy which was then animated to be shocked and worried as the soldier nearly fell. Once the soldier had regained it's balance I animated it's face back to happiness with slight laughter.

Doll Animation: I started the scene with the doll bent over the soldier. I then animated the doll standing up fully as the soldier got to its feet.
I animated the doll's hand move to its side as the soldier let go. When the soldier nearly falls I animate the doll jump in shock by rotating the hips and spine back and forth while animating the ponytails up and down.
When the soldier reaches out for the doll, I then animated the doll's hand out so the soldier could grasp it.

The soll's expression at the start of the scene was happy which was then animated to shock as the soldier nearly fell. Once the soldier has taken the doll's hand again I animated the face back to happiness once more.

Lighting


There is a main spot that acts as the street lamp and this has Ray Traced shadows. There also a second spot light that gives background light to the scene. This light casts no shadows.
I also added a spot light with Ray Traced shadows to illuminate and Shadow the two characters with a final spot light to make sure the viewers could see the soldier's face.

Camera


During the shot the camera is animated dollying inwards, keeping the characters in view.

Problems

There were no real problems in this shot.

Opinions

I like this scene, for me when I watch this I begin to feel the story has turned a corner and is happier.
I would have liked to spend more time on the soldier getting to its feet. At the moment there is no real indication he is standing up from the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment