Tuesday 12 April 2011

Shot 3

Animation


Toy Soldier Animation: For this shot I started with the toy soldier above the view of the camera. I then animated the soldier falling moving his arms and legs to keep balance.
On landing, the soldier's emotion changes from worry to pain and I close its eyes on impact. At the point of contact I also set a planted key on the boot so it would not sink below the floor.
I then animated the soldier breaking its fall with its hands and it's body hitting the floor.

Lighting


There is a main spot that acts as the street lamp and this has Ray Traced shadows. There also a second spot light that gives background light to the scene. This light casts no shadows.

Camera


The camera is positioned just above the floor and is stationary for the whole shot. I chose to put the camera is this position because I liked the way the toy soldier fell into shot.

Problems

Like the previous shot, the hands would sometimes sink below the floor but this was easily fixed with key frames.

Opinions

I think the falling speed and impact is accurate. However, keeping these at a realistic speed you lose the ability to view the emotion on the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment