Tuesday 12 April 2011

Shot 15

Animation


Toy Soldier Animation: I started this shot with the toy soldier's hand set with a planted key on the doll's hand, and his boot set with a planted key on the ground.
I then animated a hopping sequence, with aid from my reference video and mirror, by key framing the soldier forward, up, rotating out and back. I then set the planted key for the boot back on the ground and animated the knee bending as the soldier soaked up the landing shock. I also animated the arm out and up when hopping to make it look like the soldier is keeping its balance.
I then repeated this 5 times.

Prop Animation: I animated the doll walking forward, keeping level with the soldier. This walk sequence was done by key framing the doll forward while rotating the hips and shoulders and moving the limbs.

Lighting


There are two main spot lights that acts as the street lamps which have Ray Traced shadows.
There also two spot lights that cast no shadows that give background light to the scene.
There are two more spot lights which are used to illuminate the characters. One using Ray Traced shadows to create shadows for the characters.
There is a final spot light to illuminate the plane at the end of the scene showing the city street.

Camera


The camera slowly moves back to show the two characters and keeps moving back till the end of the show.

Problems

There were no real problems in this shot.

Opinions

I like this shot a lot and feel it is a fitting end to the animation. I feel, and hopes the viewers feel, happy knowing that these two lost/discarded toys will be happy together.

No comments:

Post a Comment